ACP Spring National College Media Conference Information
Please note that all registration information is on the ACP website https://acpconference.org/. To pay JACC dues or check your status, go to https://jaocc.wildapricot.org/.
- Thursday March 3-5 https://acpconference.org/
- Starts with pre-con workshops ($25) Thursday morning; ends with JACC awards presentation/general meeting Saturday at 5 p.m.
- Early bird, member — $135 (by Feb. 16)
- Regular, member — $155
- Hyatt Regency – double, triple or quad occupancy March 3-6 – (by Feb. 11)
- 3 Night Stay
- Taxes & Fees $123.41
Total Cost Per Room, three nights: $885.41
- Hotel registration: Feb. 11
- Early-bird ACP registration: Feb. 16
Registration, JACC contests, vaccination, masking:
- JACC contests will be open to students who register as JACC members on the convention website and whose colleges are JACC members.
- Students can register/pay individually (see below) or advisers can register students and pay, and then students will need to go back in to enter vaccination information.
- Vaccinations: Within one week of registering, attendees must individually submit proof of vaccinations on the registration website. ACP will check the documentation with the WHO.
- Masking: Attendees will be required to wear masks in shared spaces.
- Because JACC is not the sponsor, students will not be required to sign a JACC behavior policy (as they were in 2019 and earlier when JACC signed hotel contracts).
- Students attending as a college activity would be accompanied by an adviser or other staff/faculty member, sign college/district field trip forms as needed and be subject to local college/district regulations. (Generally applicable if the delegation is using college funding.)
- Alternatively, a student could attend as an independent adult not accompanied by an adviser or other staff/faculty member and without a field trip form. Note that the student could still be subject to college/district codes of conduct in certain circumstances.
On the ACP registration site, advisers/faculty/staff can register students and pay for them, or students can register/pay for themselves. Each attendee will need to go in individually to upload vaccination status.
We are planning a full roster of contests that will take place at the hotel and at locations students can reach by public transportation.
- Do delegations who do not stay at the hotel have to pay a higher registration fee? No.
- Is any food included? Continental breakfast will be served Friday and Saturday, first come, first served. We will serve finger food at our awards ceremony Saturday afternoon.
- Is food available nearby? Yes. The hotel is walking distance from dozens of restaurants and fast food outlets and a 7-Eleven. Hotel food is expensive; each room has a mini-fridge (not stocked).