Information for the 2014 JACC NorCal Conference
When: Saturday, Nov. 8, 2014 from 8 a.m. to 6:30 p.m.
Where: The University Union at Sacramento State University
Registration: 8-9 a.m. in the University Union Ballroom foyer.
Behavior Policy (PDF)
Directions to Sac State
- Eastbound Highway 50 Exit at Power Inn/Howe Avenue. Go under the freeway onto Hornet Avenue. Turn left onto College Town Drive. The road becomes State University Drive South and you are on the south end of campus.
- Westbound Highway 50 Exit at Howe Avenue. Continue through the light onto College Town Drive. At the second light the road becomes State University Drive South and you are on the south end of campus.
- Westbound Business 80 Exit at J Street. Turn left onto J Street and continue approximately 4 miles. Turn right onto Carlson/Esplanade. This is the north end of Campus.
Parking Map (PDF)
The closest parking structure is parking structure II. Parking is NOT free. It costs $6 for a day pass. You will either need to buy a parking pass from a parking kiosk when you arrive OR you can pay for it through the campus’s PaybyPhone app. Here’s the information for the PaybyPhone app:
Sacramento State’s PayByPhone mobile payment service means that guests with smartphones no longer have to wait in line to buy machine-issued daily parking permits. PayByPhone works on iPhone, Blackberry and Android devices. Sign up online at www.paybyphone.com or by downloading the free phone app, You will supply your license plate and credit card numbers. Once on campus, you MUST park in a student-only space, open the app, enter Sac State’s PayByPhone location number – 5115 – and the desired parking duration, either two hours or all day. Students without a smartphone can use the service by calling PayByPhone’s toll-free number posted on the campus parking-permit machines, (866) 234-7275. Users will get a text five minutes before their time expires, offering the opportunity to increase their parking permit duration.
Food options for the morning
Since we know you will all be traveling and arriving early in morning here is a list of the food places that will be open and located near registration:
- The Buzz (coffee shop) 8 a.m. – 6 p.m.
- Gordito Burrito 8 a.m. – 3 p.m.
- Panda Express 11 a.m. – 2 p.m.
- Burger King 11 a.m. – 2 p.m.
- Round Table 11 a.m. – 7 p.m.
- News Writing
- News Photo
- Editorial Cartoon
- Opinion Writing
- Copy Editing
· **Keep in mind that the Key Note speaker will be the topic for the On-the-Spot News Writing, News Photo, Editorial Cartoon and Opinion Writing.
NorCal “On The Spot” Photo Guidelines
I. General Information-please read these carefully.
A. Students participating in the on-the-spot photo contests will use digital cameras
B. Students should not set-up photos for any contest.
C. There will be NO computer manipulation of photos allowed outside the guidelines
set by JACC.
D. As in professional photojournalism, students will be allowed to adjust elements
that will improve the technical aspects of the photo but will not be allowed
to adjust anything that changes the content.
E. Any deviation from these guidelines will result in disqualification from any or all
F. Images will only be shot as JPEG. (Any images shot as RAW files will be
II. DIGITAL ENTRIES: After the photo competition students will report to Ballroom 3 and wait for instructions from the proctor on site.