JACC Board Meeting
April 10, 2015
Doubletree Hotel, Sacramento, Calif.
Present: Joe Daniels, ARC; Evan Solano, Citrus, Judy House, College of the Canyons; Walter Hammerwold, ARC; Alicia Edquist, Cerritos; Joey Berumen, LANG; Dave Waddell, CSU Chico; Kate McLaughlin, El Camino, Patricia Stark, SBCC;
Not Present: Cheyenne Drury, ARC
6:32 meeting called to order.
- Gathering content info of new members to share in Google Docs.
- Board duties for new people.
- Dates for two-day board meeting later in the year.
- After board meeting late in year, next face-to-face board meeting will be So Cal Regionals and after that the advisers retreat and then again at state. So four fact-to-face board meetings annually: Board retreat in summer, Adviser retreat in winter, regionals and state. All other meetings will be via GoToMeeting.
- NorCal will be Nov. 7. SoCal will be ??? Patricia will find out and let us know.
- Meetings this year will be (tentatively) Thursdays at 4 p.m., usually the first Thursday of the month. Patricia will prepare a Google calendar and share with the group.
- Procedure for monthly meetings: Patricia preps agendas and runs them past student president. We link any reports from committees to the Google Doc Agenda that Patricia creates and Cheyenne looks at.
- Our No. 1 issue is the CNPA deal. The June meeting is a big deal. It’ll be the one where we approve the CNPA deal.
- June 30 is the resignation date for Timi. We’ve asked Jorge and Kelly and B to stay on. B can’t. Jorge and Kelly want tot stay.
- We’ve received about 1/3 of the convention info.
- We need a communication strategy. How will we communicate with members and others? What is the process and flow? What if the central communications hub? Website, Twitter, Facebook, email, etc. What about a program on mobile? Alicia is beginning to work on all this and develop a strategy. All agreed we want to keep it simple.
- Clarification of board functions versus staff functions.
- Alicia asked how we want to handle crisis management. We would talk to CNPA legal if the deal goes through, as well as consult with PR professionals in our group.
- June retreat will be June 19-20.
Meeting adjourned at 7:38 p.m.