WHAT: Up to 400 students, faculty, speakers, judges and vendors will attend the 61th annual JACC State Convention. Every effort is made to include all aspects of reporting and writing across all platforms—along with photography and video—in our sessions. Professional critiques, information from 4-year transfer institutions, dozens of speaker sessions and deadline contests are open to all students.
WHEN: Thursday, March 17, through Saturday, March 19, 2016.
- Registration is 2 to 5 p.m.Thursday, March 17.
- Contest orientations begin 3 p.m. Thursday, March 17
- Conference Welcome (introductions, overall orientations, short inspirational speech by a JACC alum) is 7:30 p.m. Thursday, March 17.
- The event wraps after the Awards Banquet Saturday night, March 19.
WHERE: Burbank Marriott, adjacent to the Bob Hope Airport
2016 Registration Fees
Registration is for MEMBER schools only; individuals can not register. All registrations must include a name, twitter and email address for each delegate to be considered valid.
March 1, 2016 March 7, 2016
Regular Member Registration:
Hotel Discount* Registration:
March 1, 2016 March 7, 2016
Late Member Registration:
*HOTEL DISCOUNT. The 2016 JACC headquarters hotel is the Los Angeles Marriott Burbank Airport. JACC has negotiated discounted hotel rooms for attendees of the conference at $142/night in conjunction with the conference. Attendees who stay at the Burbank Marriott for a minimum of one night during the conference dates are entitled to a $50 discount off the cost of registration. Hotel confirmation numbers are required for each individual to receive the registration discount. Please note: there are no hotel discounts after March 7, 2016 as the hotel discount reservations are closed.
GETTING THERE: JACC does not provide transportation to and from the airport or train station. Delegations flying in should use the Burbank airport. The hotel runs shuttles to the airport, but it’s also an easy walk. http://www.marriott.com/hotels/travel/burap-los-angeles-marriott-burbank-airport/
WHAT TO EXPECT: A well-planned, motivating, inspiring and educational experience for both students and faculty.
WHEN SHOULD I GET THERE: In plenty of time to check in all your students and plan time to eat. A flyer will be posted online with info on nearby restaurants.
WHAT MEALS ARE INCLUDED: Friday and Saturday breakfasts and Saturday dinner.
WHAT DO I NEED TO DO TO GET THERE:
- Reserve hotel rooms by the March 7 deadline to receive the JACC rate. Room rates are $142 per night for doubles, with four students allowed in each room.
- Deadline to submit rooming list TK.
- Register your students by the March 7 deadline. Registration is $300 per delegate or $250 for delegates staying at the conference site. Note: this is NOT a fee increase, just a name change for bookkeeping purposes.
- Discounted registration will require hotel confirmation numbers.
- Make sure when registering to spell each student’s name correctly and include updated email addresses. Confirmations will be sent directly to students’ email accounts.
- Register for on-the-spot contests that need pre-registration. These are the off-site events—details TK— that require bus transit. There is no extra cost.
HOW DO I MAKE A HOTEL RESERVATION?
Details TK on the JACC website and Faculty Facebook page. To reserve rooms, be prepared to provide:
- College name
- Number of rooms needed each night
- Dates of check in/check out
- Payment method (the ultimate payment method)
- ALL Reservations MUST be held with a credit card
- School name
At least one week before the event, the hotel will request a detailed rooming list.
JACC REDUCED-RATE PARKING
• $19 per night overnight, with in/out privileges
- $19 per day, no in/out privileges
- $27 per night valet, with in/out privileges
WHERE DO I GO FOR MORE INFORMATION?
The final conference schedule will be posted March 1, with the provision that we will make last-minute changes.
Until then, updates will be posted regularly on the JACC website http://jacconline.org
and the JACC faculty Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/jaccfb
We will also post updates on the JACC Faculty Group email list. Closer to the conference, we’ll use Twitter and Instagram.
The students also have their own Facebook page, and the student presidents will be posting their updates there.
Follow our Social Media for latest updates about the upcoming convention
Follow us on Twitter – Make sure to @mention us and use #JACC16
Follow us on Instagram – Make sure to @mention us and use #JACC16