The Journalism Association of Community Colleges awards $3,000 in scholarships every year at the state convention. Students from all JACC-member colleges are eligible to apply.
Scholarships are awarded to students transferring to a four-year university and to students continuing on at a community college.
To apply, students must complete the online application, which includes attach files or providing links for:
• Most recent college transcript (official or non-official)
• A letter of recommendation from your media adviser
• Three samples of your published work—articles, images or video. You may attach a file (jpg or pdf) or provide a link. For video, applicants must submit a link instead of video file.
• A 500-word (approximate) personal statement. Explain what you have gained from your journalistic experience, your hopes for a future in journalism, and any special circumstances regarding your background or status.
• A list of journalism-related experiences other than your community college work. Include brief descriptions of work, with dates, and whether it was volunteer or paid.
• A list of non-journalism activities, with descriptions, dates and whether volunteer or paid.
THE DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS IS SATURDAY, MARCH 5 by 11:59 p.m.
Here is the link to the form: