APPLY FOR JACC SCHOLARSHIPS
The Journalism Association of Community Colleges will be awarding $1,500 in scholarships at the 2018 State Convention.
Two $500 scholarship will be given to transferring students, and five $100 scholarships will be awarded students continuing on at their community college.
The deadline for submitting the online application is Thursday, March 1, 2018.
You can apply for this scholarship by completing this form and providing the following required documents:
- Current college transcript (may be unofficial)
- Letter of recommendation from your adviser
- Three working links of your best journalism work (ONLY 3, please)
- A personal statement no longer than 300 words explaining what you have gained from your journalistic experience, your hopes for a future in journalism, and any special circumstances regarding your background or status.
- A list of journalism-related experiences other than your community college work (dates and brief descriptions of volunteer or paid work).
- A list of non-journalism activities and involvements (dates and brief descriptions) that you'd like the scholarship selection committee to consider
2018 Scholarship Coordinators:
Maryanne Shults / Ali Dorri