The 2018 Mid-Winter Faculty Conference will be held Feb. 23-25 in Cambria at the Cambria Pines Lodge.
To sign up, visit WildApricot.org.
View/download the flyer (PDF)
The Mid-Winter Faculty Conference is a two-day event scheduled each January or February at a hotel in the Central Coast area. The program provides community college faculty a variety of workshops focusing on the different issues involved in teaching journalism at the community college level. A featured workshop each year is an annual media law update.
In selected years there is a separate day-long Blue Heron workshop that focuses on teacher training in a single subject or skill set area.
$175 per person, includes two full breakfasts, Saturday lunch and Friday dessert reception. Spouse and child options available for food. Sign up on Wild Apricot at https://jaocc.wildapricot.org.
Book your room by calling the tollfree reservations number 800-966-6490. Say you are with JACC. The standard room rate is $134. Small suite and superior cottages are $159 per night plus 12 percent tax. Website: www.cambriapineslodge.com.
The grounds of the Cambria Pines Lodge are beautiful, the beach is close, and the East Village is a short walk. Hearst Castle is up the road.
Why you should attend
- Media law update from Dr. Jason Shepard of Cal State Fullerton
- Meet your counterparts from across the state
- Keep up to date with changes in the industry
- Get great ideas and share your own during the professor exchange session
- Preview of state convention in Burbank
- Additional programming to be announced
- 2016 Summer Faculty Conference (Pismo Beach)
- 2014 Mid-Winter Faculty Conference (Morro Bay)*
- 2013 Mid-Winter Faculty Conference (Morro Bay) *
- 2012 Mid-Winter Faculty Conference (Morro Bay) *
* Indicates a Blue Heron Workshop was included